Five Card Stud Poker
Five Card Stud is another variation on Poker. This
Online Poker game is played just like the Seven
card Stud only with 5 cards. The initial deal can vary in this game and depends on how your friends want to play. Five Card Stud is usually dealt either 2 cards down and 3 cards up, or 1 card down and 4 cards up. Once again it is played exactly like 7-card stud with betting rounds held when each new card is put down. Variations can be the use of wild cards and the rank of hands are the standard one in poker.
The game begins when all players receive two cards face down (the hole cards in poker player lingo) and one card face up which is called the up-card (kind of self explanatory). The cards are dealt clockwise, one at a time. This hand is called the starting hand.
After the cards have been dealt, let the games begin:
The second hand of betting begins with:
- The player who has been dealt the lowest up-card is required to start the action by placing a bring-in bet. If two or more players have the same rank of up-cards, then suit becomes the deciding factor as to which of them is to make the bring-in bet. The lowest suit is Clubs followed by Diamonds, Hearts and Spades. This means that the 2 of spades is the lowest possible up-card.
- After the bring-in bet is played, the action continues clockwise. The player to the immediate left of the bring-in has the option of folding, calling or raising. A raise is the size of the opening bet and a call is the size of the bring-in bet.
- The betting proceeds until all players who have not folded have contributed equally to the pot.
The third and last round is right around the corner and here we go….
- The dealer deals a fourth card face up to all remaining players.
- In this round and all later betting rounds, it is the player with the best up-cards who has to act first.
- The smaller bring-in bet is no longer utilized. If a player pairs his up-card, he has the option of betting a small bet or he can make the bigger bet that is used in subsequent betting rounds. This option occurs only for the player who pairs his up-card.
- The betting begins clockwise from the player who was first to act and ends when all players who did not fold have contributed equally to the pot.
Now that you have learned the principals of the Five Card Stud Poker game, all that is left is to practice, practice, and than practice even more until you have perfected your game, before you start playing for some big numbers.
- The dealer deals a fifth card face down (make sure no one is taking a peak) to all remaining players.
- just like before the player with the best up-cards acts first.
- All bets are the size of the bigger bet.
- The betting continues clockwise from the player who acted first and ends when all remaining players who did not fold have contributed equally to the pot.
- If someone gets called on the last round of betting, there is a show down. The player who gets called is forced to flip his three down cards face up on the table. The other players then have the option of either mucking their hands or, if they have it, of showing the winning hand.
Good luck on your next poker game From the
Online Casinos USA team
Play Online Poker
Play Online Poker